Composers, artists and new music enthusiasts are welcome to submit scores without the fixed arrangements of traditional musical notation and possibly, though not limited to, using graphic notation, text notation or a visual object that can be used to prompt musical improvisation. The improvisation of the scores will be performed by members of the Korvat Auki Ensemble. The following specifications are requested:
THEME: ASMR realities – Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a tingling sensation that usually begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It is a form of frisson. We invite scores that attempt to create tingles in the listener.
The ensemble is open and includes instruments such as the trumpet, oboe, piano, cello, violin, voice, electronics, guitar and a conductor, to name a few. Should composers have a request for specific instruments to perform their work, then please contact Majella to see if we can find such an ensemble arrangement to fit within the budget and time.
- The length of the performance of each score is between 5-7 minutes.
- Scores can (preferably) be projected.
- The final date for submission of scores is 12:00 5th of Dec 2022.
- Scores can be received in PDF or JPEG format.
- The premieres of the scores will be on Dec 8 in a public concert.
© Photo: Teemu Mastovaara